Medicinal Chemistry Shared Resource (MCSR)
Fees and Scheduling
The MCSR provides cost-effective access for collaborative investigators to expensive and highly specialized services that are not commonly available in individual departments and laboratories. Fee-for-service prices are listed on a per hour basis, with the exception of the preliminary data rate. If the MCSR has specifically allocated funds in the proposal budget then all the costs associated with the generation of preliminary data, as well as assistance in writing of the proposal, are included in the single flat fee. The extent of the preliminary studies will be agreed upon in advance at the discretion of the MCSR Core director. For studies that are not supported directly by grants or contracts fee for service estimates of total study costs can be made once the scope of the project is known.
|Service||Minimum time (hours)||Base rate (per hour)|
|Academic (Outside GU)|
|Preliminary data/grant assistance|
$300 flat fee plus grant budget
Scheduling and Billing
- To request a consultation, please contact Dr. Christian Wolf.
- Idea Elan core management software will be used for billing of services.
To ensure efficiency and optimal results, resource members interact closely with investigators. In order to utilize the Shared Resource, users will follow this basic operational workflow:
- An investigator directs an initial inquiry to Dr. Wolf at firstname.lastname@example.org
- An initial meeting is held during which the feasibility of the project and the overall research plan are discussed. The investigator is also notified of the service charges.
- Once deemed feasible, all pertinent information including laboratory personnel dedicated for the project and grant/funding account will be provided by the user.
- Investigator lab personnel undergo training.