National Capital Area Minority/Underserved NCORP
Welcome to the National Capital Area (NCA) Minority/Underserved (MU) National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP).
Learn More About the NCORP
The NCORP is a national network that brings cancer clinical trials and care delivery studies to people in their own communities. It includes 46 community sites nationwide.
This network designs and conducts clinical trials in the following focus areas:
- Cancer prevention
- Supportive care and symptom management
- Health-related quality of life
- Cancer care delivery
The National Capital Area MU NCORP is one of only 14 Minority and Underserved NCORPs. The specific aims of the NCA MU NCORP are to:
- Design and participate in clinical trials in cancer clinical research that improves the quality of care and the health outcomes of the US population in our catchment area;
- Increase the participation of the greater DC area’s community oncologists and medical specialists and their patients in NCORP-led clinical research;
- Expand health disparities research focused on clinical research participation via community outreach, engagement, and education.
For more information regarding NCA MU NCORP, please contact program administrator Sherieda Muthra at STM36@georgetown.edu.