PIRL Services and Fees
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Optical Imaging (bioluminescence and flueorescence)
- Animal Hematology
- Image post-processing and quantitative analysis
|Usage/hour||GUMC Users||External Users|
|Magnetic Resonance Imaging||$100||$200|
|Imaging Processing and Analysis||$50||$75|
MRI, ultrasound and X-ray: Contact the PIRL
Optical Imaging: Reserve on Idea Elan
To ensure efficiency and optimal results, resource members interact closely with investigators. In order to utilize the PIRL, users will follow this basic operational workflow:
- An investigator directs an initial inquiry to either Dr. Albanese or Dr. Rodriguez.
- An initial meeting is held during which the feasibility of the project and the overall research plan are discussed. The investigator is also notified of the Resource service charges associated with the use of imaging equipment.
- Once deemed feasible, all pertinent information including animal protocols, laboratory personnel dedicated for the project and grant/funding account will be provided by the user. A copy of the approved Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocol is also required for the resource records. The investigator is requested to amend his/her IACUC protocol to include imaging procedures.
- Investigator lab personnel undergo training on use of the instrumentation prior to the start of the actual experimental study. Resource staff supervise operations during the initial use of the instrument to ensure the user is qualified to independently operate the instrumentation unsupervised.