Preclinical Imaging Research Laboratory (PIRL)
Fees and Scheduling
|Usage/hour||GUMC Users||External Users|
|Magnetic Resonance Imaging (7T/30 Biospec USR)|
Ultrasound (Vevo 3100)
|Imaging processing and analysis|
- MRI, ultrasound and X-ray: Contact Dr. Rodriguez (Olga.Rodriguez@georgetown.edu; 202-687-4628)
- Optical Imaging: Reserve online through Idea Elan
To ensure efficiency and optimal results, resource members interact closely with investigators. In order to utilize the PIRL, users will follow this basic operational workflow:
- An investigator directs an initial inquiry to either Dr. Albanese (Albanese@georgetown.edu; 202-687-3305) or Dr. Rodriguez (Olga.Rodriguez@georgetown.edu; 202-687-4628).
- An initial meeting is held during which the feasibility of the project and the overall research plan are discussed. The investigator is also notified of the service charges associated with the use of imaging equipment.
- Once deemed feasible, all pertinent information including animal protocols, laboratory personnel dedicated for the project and grant/funding account will be provided by the user. A copy of the approved Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) protocol is also required for the resource records. The investigator is requested to amend his/her IACUC protocol to include imaging procedures.
- Investigator lab personnel undergo training on use of certain instruments (IVIS) prior to the start of the actual experimental study. The PIRL staff supervises operations during the initial use of the instrument to ensure the user is qualified to independently operate the instrumentation unsupervised.