About the Cancer
Whether you are in need of breast cancer screening, a consultation with a breast surgeon, genetic testing or interested in breast health, Georgetown Lombardi is committed to connecting you to our breast health services and research. We are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all patients and to provide you with the most current breast health information and resources. Along with cutting-edge cancer care, we offer a program of innovative clinical trials and a full range of supportive care services to improve our patients' health and quality of life.
Current information about breast cancer (Breast Cancer Treatment, Male Breast Cancer, Breast Cancer and Pregnancy, Inflammatory Breast Cancer), incidence and survival statistics, treatment options, causes and prevention, coping strategies, clinical trials, and research, are available online from the National Cancer Institute at the National Institutes of Health.
What We Offer
Breast Health Services
- Betty Lou Ourisman Breast Health Center offers the physical examination and imaging services of health care professionals who exclusively subspecialize in the breast. Devoted solely to breast health care, these doctors, nurses and technologists - working within steps of each other - afford seamless, confident, accurate medical management.
- Capital Breast Care Center provides breast cancer screening and health education for medically-underserved women of the Washington, DC area regardless of her ability to pay. Located in southeast DC.
- Clinical Breast Program is a dedicated team of breast oncologists develops personalized care plans with patients.
- Genetic Counseling & Testing The Fisher Center for Hereditary Cancer and Clinical Genomics Research provides genetic counseling and testing services for individuals with a strong family history of breast cancer.
- Breast Cancer Screening and Prevention
- Patient and Family Resources
- Clinical Trials through the MedStar Health network, MedStar Lombardi/Georgetown University Hospital, we are pleased to offer you access to our cutting-edge clinical trials.
- Faculty Experts Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center experts are dedicated to providing the best professional care, delivered with compassion, for all.
- Research Advocacy - Georgetown Breast Cancer Advocates (GBCA): Breast Cancer advocates and survivors, working together with researchers, clinicians and other stakeholders to ensure research is patient-centered, innovative, evidence-based and accessible.
Georgetown Lombardi's world-renowned Research Faculty are discovering cancer risk factors, designing effective prevention strategies, and learning how to detect cancers earlier. They are developing and testing the cancer treatments of tomorrow - targeted therapies that will improve both survival and quality of life. They are making progress toward the ultimate goal: to eradicate cancer.