Metabolomics – Education
SYSM-596 Clinical Metabolomics (2 credit hours)
Amrita Cheema, Al Fornace
This course is designed to provide students an in depth understanding of molecular phenotyping technologies for basic, clinical and translational research. It will cover the basics of mass spectromtery based metabolomics approach. We will discuss strategies for data generation as well as multivariate data mining tools and finally the clinical applications of this technology for studying disease onset and progression, drug metabolism and toxicity, discovery and validation of disease biomarkers and the effect of different treatments (drugs, radiation etc.) on the overall metabolism. The course will also include laboratory sessions that would provide practical insights into operations of a mass spectrometer and the use of interactive software for data analysis.
SCIEX Technology Seminar
- Date: Thursday, March 9th, 2017
- Time: 2:00PM-3:00PM
- Location: New Research Building, Room E501
- Come and learn about mass spectrometry applications for streamlined solutions in metabolomics and lipidomics analysis from discovery to quantitation.
ASMS Annual Conference
- Date: June 4-8, 2017
- Location: Indianapolis, IN
- 65th Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics