Research Development Services
Research Development Services provides assistance to faculty and staff in the submission of all sponsored grant applications and proposals, including the administration of multiple investigator research awards. RDS is responsible for:
- Assist faculty and staff with identifying funding sources.
- Review all RFAs, PAs, RFPs and other solicitation mechanisms to ensure that applications fully respond to the request.
- Work with Principal Investigators on all sponsored grant applications and proposals for timely and effective submissions, including competing and non-competing applications:
- Budget development and justification
- Review of abstract, specific aims and other information to ensure proposal completeness
- Completion of all sponsor, university and Georgetown Lombardi forms
- Coordinate other technical aspects for the application as needed, such as biographical sketches for Principal Investigator and other key personnel, facilities and resources documents, and other components as required
- Assist other agencies/institutions with subcontract documents (scope of work, budget, justification, biographical sketches and letter of intent)
- Set up sub-awards/subcontracts for consortium agreements, including consulting agreements
- Assure that all applications comply with university, Georgetown Lombardi and sponsor policies
- Establish “at-risk” accounts when award is known but not yet received.
- Track submitted/pending applications and awards for all Georgetown Lombardi faculty and researchers.
- Collaborate with other university and medical school administrative offices to support the submission of applications and management of sponsored awards.
- Provide administrative support to the Lombardi programs in support of the institution NCI Comprehensive Cancer Center Support Grant, as well as other multi-investigator awards as needed.