Georgetown Lombardi/MedStar Georgetown University Hospital provides physical and spiritual comfort to patients and families in the Jesuit tradition of cura personalis, care of the whole person.
The Department of Mission and Pastoral Care provides spiritual and emotional support to patients, families and staff through sacramental and liturgical ministries as well as spiritual presence and conversation. An interfaith team of chaplains and volunteers serves people of every religious affiliation who are receiving inpatient or outpatient care at MedStar Georgetown.
Mission and Pastoral Care provides:
Religious Services and Masses
- Patient visits by a chaplain within 48 hours of admission
- Sacramental ministry
- Spiritual resources for all faith traditions
- 24 hour on-call coverage
- Ethical decision-making counseling
- Televised religious services on Channel 2
- Clinical Pastoral Education
Worship and Prayer Services
Our chapel is located on the first floor of the Main Building, near the Reservoir Road entrance. It is always available for prayer and reflection. All worship services can be viewed on Channel 2 on hospital televisions.
- Monday through Friday at 7:30 a.m. and 12:05 p.m.
- Saturday at 4 p.m.
- Sunday at 12 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Tuesday at 1 p.m.
Protestant Communion Service
- Thursday at 1 p.m.
Contact Mission and Pastoral Care: 202-444-3030