Walk to Battle Breast Cancer with Walking Warriors
Join Walking Warriors for the 7th Annual Walk on
Saturday, May 4, 2024
We are a dedicated group of individuals who raise money to fund research and access to care for breast cancer. The Walk to Battle Breast Cancer brings participants together to complete a 13-mile walk in and around Washington, DC. Walking Warriors are committed to end breast cancer. We fund research to improve treatment, investigate and prevent breast cancer and provide assistance to those living with breast cancer in Maryland, DC and Virginia. We will not stop walking until we can prevent and cure breast cancer. Visit wwbbc.org to learn how you can become a Warrior by walking, donating or volunteering. Our next walk is Saturday, May 4, 2024, at 7:30 a.m.
Walking Warriors Impact
- In 2019, Walking Warriors had 75 dedicated walkers who raised over $110,000. Together with a match from Lombardi Women, the total raised was more than $135,000.
- In 2020, though the pandemic canceled the walk, the group was able to raise $40,000 in donations.
- Our 2021 Walk was held virtually due to the pandemic. Our 46 walkers did a grand job of getting out there, walking the miles, bringing awareness to our cause and raising over $68,500.
- In 2022, we raised over $67,000.
- In 2023, we exceeded our $100,000 goal to raise $110,000
Help us raise the bar even higher this year!
Walking Warriors funds support:
- A junior research faculty grant to investigate metastatic breast cancer prevention and treatment
- The Ralph Lauren Center for Cancer Prevention at Georgetown Lombardi for patient navigation to education, screening and treatment services for breast, lung, colorectal and prostate cancer
Get Involved with Walking Warriors
Become a Walker
It is time to make the Leap! Register between now and Feb. 29 and we will fund your 2024 Fundraising Campaign with $25. Register a new Walker, and we’ll fund both Campaigns with $50 — yes, that’s $100 split between you and a new walking buddy!
Join us on our first Training Walk on Saturday, March 2, 2024. Meet up with past Walkers or come find out what WWBBC is all about!
See our event website for more information and to register to be a 2024 Walker!
Knit One, Cure One
Knit One, Cure One brings together fiber artists to create wearable art. All sales proceeds are donated to support breast cancer research and access to care. In 2018, Knit One, Cure One donated to Walking Warriors to support their efforts to prevent or treat metastatic breast cancer. Knit One, Cure One welcomes volunteers to knit, sew, and help with marketing and photography.