Cancer Research Education Program (C-REP)
Please Note: The application period for this program has ended.
About the Program
C-REP is a unique collaborative program sponsored by Howard University and Georgetown University to increase the training, educational and research opportunities in the field of minority health and cancer disparities among students at various levels.
- Mentored Research (summer)
- June 1 to July 21
- Establish schedule with individual mentors. NOTE: Students selected to participate should have at minimum 20-25 hours of time per week to work with research mentor.
- Provide a project overview to the CREP Leadership
- Didactic sessions
- Research seminars and workshops
- Networking events
- Professional development
Who Should Apply
The program is open to
- Undergraduate students (rising juniors and seniors)
- Graduate students
- Health professional students
- Students can be from any major or concentration of study, including, but not limited to, allied health students, medicine, nursing, pharmacy, public health and social work.
- Students should want to pursue or be actively pursuing a career in research.
- (NOTE: The application period for this program has closed. The application period for summer 2024 will begin December 2023.)
- Personal Statement explaining interest in the program and potential career plans
- Two letters of recommendations from instructors
- Official college transcript
Program Contact for Questions
P20 Leadership Team
Lucile L. Adams Campbell, PhD
Teletia R. Taylor, PhD
Carla D. Williams, PhD