Friends of Lombardi (FOL) is a group for young professionals in the DC Metro Area interested in supporting Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center’s mission to prevent, treat, and cure cancers by linking scientific discovery, expert and compassionate patient care, quality education, and partnership with the community; guided by the principle of cura personalis, "care for the whole person."
For the first time, we are welcoming young professionals interested in advancing cancer research in the Washington, DC area to join the fight! Help us end cancer by becoming a Friend of Lombardi today.
Benefits of Membership
• Receive quarterly Lombardi newsletter to stay in the know on cutting-edge research and scientific breakthroughs
• Free entry to our annual NFL Draft Celebration Networking Event hosted by DeMaurice Smith, Executive Director of NFLPA
• Access to the Young Professionals Ticket to the Lombardi Gala
• An invite to our annual Friends of Lombardi “lab tour and hors d'ouerves” with a Georgetown Lombardi researcher
• Network with other young professionals committed to impacting their community in a positive way
Each member of Friends of Lombardi is encouraged to initiate their own fun fundraising events, from trivia nights or happy hours to 100 mile bike rides (we promise to cheer you from the sidelines)! Contact Meg Lyons, Assistant Director of Development at Megan.Lyons@georgetown.edu or (202) 687-3660 for more information.
100% of membership dues directly support cancer research at Georgetown Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer, and are tax deductible.