The Ourisman Center has been designed to make breast health care as easy and comfortable as possible. Efforts have been made to create a relaxing atmosphere that encourages collaboration between patients and care givers.
A resource area is accessible to patients, their family and friends. A computer with Internet access, library and video player are provided. This area is stocked with helpful information pamphlets, including complementary or alternative medicine options - to encourage patient involvement and exploration.
In addition, the Ourisman Center features:
- Four mammography suites
- Gowned patient lounge with lockers
- Breast evaluation and monitoring area
- Stereotactic core breast biopsy suite
- Breast ultrasound suite
- Breast imaging interpretation area
- Surgical consultation area
Important equipment advantages include:
- 3 Hologic Selenia Digital Mammography Units- state of the art in mammography
- Fischer prone Stereotactic core biopsy table
- Philips IV 22 high-resolution breast ultrasound
- Access to PET scanning and breast MRI