Georgetown Lombardi Membership
Lombardi Membership Categories
Research Investigator or Clinical Investigator with evidence of active and current commitment to cancer research as evidenced by ANY of the following:
- PI if an externally-funded cancer related research grant, training grant, or career development award.
- PI of an active clinical trial approved by Lombardi's Protocol Review & Monitoring Committee.
- Holds a senior leadership role within Lombardi and/or University.
- New to Georgetown University or to cancer research & thus does not meet the above criteria, but as determined by Lombardi's senior leadership, has a demonstrated interest in cancer research as well as the potential to secure an externally funded cancer grant in the near future. A grant must be obtained within 3 years to maintai Lombardi membership.
- Peer-reviewed publications in cancer research.
- Actively participates in Lombardi activities i.e. attends meetings & retreats of at least one Research Program/participates in major Lombardi activities.
- Interested contributor to cancer-related research, but without external peer-reviewed cancer research grants or active cancer clinical trails.
- Valued by Lombardi members for contributions to Lombardi's research base.
- Does not currently meet the criteria for Full membership, but may do so in the near future.
- Participates in some Lombardi Program activities.
Department Chair or Institutional leader who is not actively involved in cancer research but frequently collaborats with Lombardi on selected initiatives and is viewed by Lombardi senior leadership as instrumental in achieving the center's research mission.
All members are expected to participate in the following activities:
1. Support the Center's missions, goals, and priorities.
2. Demonstrate and document collaboration and interaction with other Cancer Center investigators.
3. Active Program participation
4. Provide the Center with an annual summary of research activities, specifying those that are collaborative with other Cancer Center investigators; provide regularly updated Other support Pages and NIH Biosketch updates.
5. Use of Lombardi Protocal Review & Monitoring Systems for generation and implementation of all clinical cancer research protocols to be sponsored by Lombardi.
*The Cancer Center Director may offer Full membership to candidates who do not meet the above criteria but whose research and/or leadership is of significant value to the mission of the Cancer Center.
**Membership is reviewed every two years.