The Next Step: Crossing the Bridge to Survivorship
The end of cancer treatment is a time of strong emotions for patients and families. Celebration is often mixed with anxiety and loss of security. Most families feel overwhelmed and have many questions about the future. In order to help ease the transition for patients and families from active treatment to follow-up care, the Childhood Cancer Survivorship Program at the Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center, Georgetown University Hospital has developed 'The Next Step: Crossing the Bridge to Survivorship.' This educational guide is designed to provide specific information addressing issues related to long term follow-up and survivorship.
The full guide is available below in sections as PDF documents.
- Cover & Preface
- Section 1: Welcome Survivors
- Section 2: Summaries & Reports
- Section 3: You and Your Treatment
- Section 4: Health Maintenance
- Section 5: Healthy Choices as a Lifestyle
- Section 6: Life After Cancer
- Section 7: Resources