Nurses are an integral part of patient care in a variety of roles and settings in the division:
- Inpatient Unit Nurse: a large staff of specialty certified oncology nurses who serve on the oncology inpatient units.
- Primary Chemotherapy Nurse: specially trained nurses assigned to each Fellow. Specific responsibilities include chemotherapy, blood product administration, patient education, symptom management, and discharge planning.
- Nurse Practitioners: nurses with extensive medical preparation who work in collaboration with attending physicians and Fellows to deliver care to selected, groups of patients. They obtain medical history, perform physical exams and order tests and treatments.
- Clinical Research Nurses: nurses who manage patients in clinical trials.
- Case Managers: nurses who follow patients with specific diagnoses.